directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Ersin Er" <ersin...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Creating SubcontextS
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 06:34:42 GMT
Hi,

> Anyone know whether we have / there exists a utility
> library for creating subcontext(s).
>
> Sort of like commons FileUtil...but for JNDI.
>
> Here's what I want to do:
> Suppose the suffix I'm binding to is ou=system.
> That's the only entry so far.
>
> I wish to create the following entry:
>
> String testEntry = "cn=test, cn=test1, cn=test2, ou=system"
>
> I'm looking for something like:
>
> JNDIUtil.createSubcontextS(testEntry);

It is something impossible without some assumptions. An entry is not
just composed of its name. You need the objectClass information and
other dependent attributes in order to create a valid entry. So this
method cannot "guess" what will be the missing information for
cn=test1 and cn=test2. If some API allows such a call then it should
make some assumptions like all the entries created implicitely are of
type organizationalUnit etc.

--
Ersin