directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [DAS OID GENERATION] Things that make you go hmmmm
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 01:14:16 GMT
I would prefer to see a solution that mapped java objects to existing
schemas, and perhaps has a way to generate schemas with oids, but it
seems to me that autogeneration of something that is supposed to be
worldwide unique and meaningful may cause more difficulties than it
solves.

For instance you'd need a way to reserve a unique PEN for each
installation on which you wanted to run this stuff.

dunno, I'm kinda a beginner.

thanks
david jencks