directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" <pamarce...@apache.org>
Subject Release LDAP Studio 0.8.0 ?
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:54:11 GMT
Hi Directory developers,

LDAP Studio 0.7.0 has been released a month ago. It has been a really great
release that has been downloaded more than 2500 times from the stats we have
on the webiste (which does not include the update site itself).
We're getting more and more users to know LDAP Studio and also great reviews
and very important bug reports from these users.

We think that it is the good timing to release LDAP Studio 0.8.0 (according
to the work that has been done, and Apache Con Europe approaching).

This release fixes some crucial bugs in LDAP Browser Plugin and the Schemas
Editor Plugin.
This release also features two new plugins exclusively intended to be used
with Apache Directory:
    - the ACI Item Editor Plugin, that makes it easy to edit ACIs on ADS.
    - the Apache DS Configuration Plugin, that allow ADS users to
graphically edit the configuration of their server.

Here are the Release Notes for Apache Directory LDAP Studio 0.8.0:
Bug
[DIRSTUDIO-71] - LDAP Studio installer creates bad shortcuts
[DIRSTUDIO-74] - empty DN does not work
[DIRSTUDIO-82] - Export to XLS or CSV
[DIRSTUDIO-83] - Generated LDIF of a schema doesn't support the
m-dependencies attribute
[DIRSTUDIO-84] - Binding with a bad DN is accepted
[DIRSTUDIO-86] - No way to specify search on rootDSE in search dialog
[DIRSTUDIO-88] - Schema export to Apache DS has a spelling error which
causes the import to fail.

Improvement
[DIRSTUDIO-78] - Refactor browser-ui plugin

New Feature
[DIRSTUDIO-12] - Editor for editing ACIs
[DIRSTUDIO-76] - Value editor for administrativeRole
[DIRSTUDIO-79] - Value editor for subtreeSpecification
[DIRSTUDIO-91] - Add a new plugin for handling the Apache DS server
configuration file

Stefan Seelmann has prepared all the packages for Mac OS X, Linux i386,
Linux PPC and Windows (Many thanks, Stefan). They are available at this
address : http://people.apache.org/~seelmann/ldapstudio_0.8.0/<http://people.apache.org/%7Eseelmann/ldapstudio_0.8.0/>

Let's vote now:
[ ] +1 Release LDAP Studio 0.8.0
[ ] +/-0 Abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release LDAP Studio 0.8.0

Best regards,

Pierre-Arnaud

PS:
I've CC'd Leandro de Oliveira and Boris Kock to this mail. It would be cool,
guys, if you could confirm that
*DIRSTUDIO-71<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSTUDIO-71>
* is correctly resolved with the new Windows installer.
Thanks.<boris.kock@logicacmg.com>