directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [LDAP Studio] What do you think about using folder without space?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 09:40:22 GMT
I'm not really a big fan of a lowercased name with no space.
Although, I have also experienced the problem on Ubuntu at the office. I had
to remove the space on the name of the folder and the executable.

So, I agree with you guys, the generic name of the product should stay LDAP
Studio (with this case and the space) but I think that in the *Linux*
distribution packages (i386 and PPC) the name of the folder should be
replaced by ldapstudio and the so does the name of the executable.

So, I am :
+1 for 'ldapstudio' on Linux packages (i386 & PPC)
-1 for 'ldapstudio' on other platforms packages (even Windows, because I
don't think this is a real issue on this OS).

P-A