directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Schema] ObjectClass DN Correct?
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 09:45:13 GMT
> I think the Schemas Editor plugin works in that way. Please take a look
> at it. Once it is extended to load and edit the schema directly from the
> server you will have what you want :)

Exactly, that's the next step. We need to separate some UI elements used in
the Schemas Editor Plugin in another project, so we can use already existing
editors in both the Standard Schemas Editor (based on files) and the Schemas
Editor for ADS.

As Stefan suggested me on IM yesterday, we also need to write an extension
point and then add a Schema File Wrapper and an ADS Schema Wrapper as
extensions.

Then It will be easy for third parties to add another extension point of
their choice, for editing  the schemas of OpenLDAP or SunDS for example, if
they want to.

It may be too short to have that for ApacheCon, but it will be my next
priority, just after the Apache DS configuration Editor.

Pierre-Arnaud