directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache DS / Kerberos / Keytab
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 19:48:39 GMT
On 4/4/07, Mike Wiesner <mwiesner@interface21.com> wrote:
> Hi Enrique,
>
> do you know if there is a possibility to extract a keytab from an apache
> ds user which has kerberos attributes? I need this for a kerberos service.

It's #3 on my list:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DIRxSBOX/Security+Initiatives

Under the heading "Key export."  SASL is ready to merge and I have key
derivation mostly working.  So, key export is next.  Maybe in 1-2
months.

I currently use 'ktutil' for creating keytabs.  The key derivation
algorithm is the same, so if you use the same principal name and
password when you import users into the Directory and when you make
keys with ktutil, it will work.

Enrique