directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <>
Subject Re: "Getting Started" for Schema Subsystem (first draft)
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:46:03 GMT
Aron Sogor wrote:
> This is Great!
> Can you add something about how to bootstrap this schema with server.xml
> too.
> I would love to know it :), and for people bundling DS it would be
> valuable.
Hi Aron,

Thanks for your feedback!

This is a good idea, although I am thinking about splitting the document
in different sections. It is becoming longer and longer ...

Unfortunately, I am not an export for the schema subsystem and have to
learn on my own, how to accomplish this requirement.

I assume, that it is not possible to simply add an element to server.xml
which points to sevenSeas.schema and the server automatically starts
with it.

One option would be to build the server yourself, and include your own
*.schema in the list of the bootstrapped schemas, for an example see
directory apacheds/trunk/schema-extras (schemas are in

Does any developer have an idea which would work without rebuiling the
server? Pointing to the generated LDIF-file perhaps with some component

Greetings from Hamburg,
     Stefan Z

View raw message