directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Request] A Interview Request from Syracuse University OSS Research Group
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:39:17 GMT
Hi Yeliz,

Sounds interesting.

I think this will be most useful
to the Apache Directory group
if the questions are asked
through the mailing list.

That way everyone gets a real time
reflection of thoughts about this.

I think your hypothesis is a good
one and a natural one.

When people work in teams it helps
a great deal if everyone uses similar
conventions and processes, so that when
tasks need to be transitioned, they can
be picked up by other team members
with minimum required effort.

I think the "Convention over Configuration"
principle captures the idea nicely.

So I'll be glad to answer questions on the mailing list.
If there are questions that must be asked in a non-public
forum, I'll be glad to answer those through regular email,
but I would need detailed justification for why they
need to be non-public.

Good luck!

Cheers,
- Ole