directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: LS Possible Bug?
Date Mon, 23 Apr 2007 17:31:40 GMT
Hi Ole

Ole Ersoy schrieb:

> I first created a hot partition "ou=das",
> then connected to it in LS.

Em, what are hot partitions?

> Then I copied:
> ou=users,ou=system
>
> And pasted it in ou=das.
>
> This is probably not a valid operation (Although
> it looks as if LS is smart enough to rename the entry
> properly, substituting ou=das for ou=system),
> so I get this:

>From LS point of view this is a valid operation. It just copies the
relative entry with its RDN. It behaves like when you copy a folder in
your favorite filesystem browser.

> Error while copying entry
> [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to add entry ou=users,ou=das:
> ou=users,ou=das]
>   [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to add entry ou=users,ou=das:
> ou=users,ou=das]

Error 32 is a response from the server. So please check the server logs
for details.

> However, LS still paints it as if it was added.
>
> If I select the ou=das partition and hit
> F5 for a refresh, the painted entry disappears.
>
> Thoughts?

Yep, you are right. That is a bug in LS. If the operation fails there is
an inconsistency between the model and the directory. Could you please
file a Jira?

Thanks,
Stefan Seelmann