directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Question on searching the schema with LDAP searches (specific to ApacheDS 1.5 schema subsystem)
Date Sun, 22 Apr 2007 12:22:12 GMT
Hi all!

If I perform a search like this:

$ ldapsearch -h zanzibar -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w ****** -b
"ou=schema" -s sub "(m-oid=2.5.6.6)"

I get the expected result from our schema partition

version: 1
dn: m-oid=2.5.6.6,ou=objectClasses,cn=core,ou=schema
m-may: userPassword
m-may: telephoneNumber
m-may: seeAlso
m-may: description
objectClass: metaObjectclass
objectClass: metaTop
objectClass: top
m-typeObjectClass: STRUCTURAL
m-obsolete: FALSE
m-name: person
m-oid: 2.5.6.6
m-must: sn
m-must: cn
m-description: RFC2256: a person
m-supObjectClass: top
$

I asked myself wether it is also possible to search with a sub string
filter, but it fails

$ ldapsearch -h zanzibar -p 10389 -D "uid=admin,ou=system" -w ****** -b
"ou=schema" -s sub "(m-oid=2.5.6.*)"
ldap_search: Loop detected
ldap_search: additional info: failed on search operation: Unexpected
exception.
$

First of all, the error method with the loop does not look correct to me
(JIRA?). Then I learned that m-oid does not have a matching rule for
substring match defined in the schema. Is this intended? Would
objectIdentifierFirstComponentMatch (OID 2.5.13.30) be appropriate here?

Thanks in advance + Greetings from sunny Hamburg,
     Stefan Zoerner (szoerner)