directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [Schema] Constants - A happy Medium?
Date Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:46:21 GMT
Hey Guys,

I know what you are thinking.  Heeeere he goes again :-)

And you would be right.  But I think I may have found
a simpler solution that everyone can live with.

In order to minimize the DAS's dependencies, I created another
set of constants and I'm naming them like this:

AttributeTypeConstants

So AttributeType's constants have their own interface.

This completely eliminates the need for a convention,
and it's clear that these are attribute types.

So to get the CN attribute type we just do:
AttributeTypeConstants.CN

It's short and we see that it is an AttributeType.

So if we wanted to we could keep the
the other constants for now and slowly
introduce these.  That way
we don't break client code, and the
names are shorter still and more precise.

Cheers,
- Ole