directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CONSTANTS] Changing AT and OC
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 18:34:39 GMT
Hi Emmanuel and Stefan,

Excellent points.

There could be refactoring requirements across the user base.

As I'm sure you realized, this only gets more ingrained as time
passes, which is why it's so important to seriously either do it
now or just leave it permanently.

>     If we rename the constants, we have at least to leave them with the old
>     names in the class, mark them as deprecated in order to give these
>     ApacheDS users a chance to refactor their code, and remove them in a
>     later release.

I was actually wondering how to do the refactoring after Emmanuel said,
"Change the constants, then run the test".

This made me pause for a minute.  I'd probably have to checkout the
entire build, to let eclipse have visibility to everything, so that
it refactors all the java files that use the interfaces when a constant
is changed.

Anyways...

Cheers,
- Ole