directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CONSTANTS] Changing AT and OC
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2007 16:44:54 GMT

SNIP

> PS. There are two unwritten rules you should always think about before
> proposing a change :
> - if it's not broken, don't fix it
> - respect existing conventions even if you don't like them

Emmanuel, initially you liked the suggested change.
David seems to like it as well.  The reason
I'm mentioning this  is above you are saying

 > - respect existing conventions even if you don't like them

What does that mean exactly (In terms of the current context)?

Also, if it's not broken don't fix is VERY ambiguous.
Lets just stick to facts and concepts ok?  Communicate clearly
and simply with examples if necessary.

You said do it.  Alex said don't do it.

This is a democracy.  We all have to agree before
something is done.  That means we have to discuss
it and make sure everyone has clearly understood each other's
rationale.

> I should have asked Alex before telling you to move on. My bad.

True.

Cheers,
Ole