directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Partitions] Use Cases
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 14:17:59 GMT

> Ole system is not to be touched by users.

Alex - Thanks - Sorry - I should have excluded system
in the examples I gave of possible default
partitions the server could come with.  I left it
in because I think some (Assuming the people
follow the path of least resistance) might be
tempted to just use that, instead of going through
and configuring the server properly.

If you look a little further down in the original email
you'll see I suggested a "ou=default" as the name
of a partition backed by the server's
default partition, etc.

Then, for example if a memory resident partition implementation
is added, the default for it would be named "ou=memory".
This would be equivalent to Eclipse's default "workspace".

BUT - It seems like you have something way cooler in mind.

HOT partitions!  That presentation rocked by the way.

That will be much cleaner than "ou=default" or "ou=memory".

So now if the DAS needs the parititon "ou=com" and it does
not exist, the DAS just creates it.

I'll start playing right away.

Thanks,
- Ole