directory-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Swanson <m...@ScheduleWorld.com>
Subject Re: Q: 1.5.0 custom partition + custom schema?
Date Sat, 14 Apr 2007 06:16:15 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Yep it just keeps better now that we can compliment the server with some
> serious tooling.  If you have any suggestions, feedback or ideas please
> feel free to ping us.  You're one of our first users so you get some
> priority :).

Thanks for that.
I plan to get back to 1.5 soon, but I really need to get something out
based on 1.0 asap.

I really must say that I'm very impressed with everything so far. The
only thing that briefly tripped me up is that the LockableAttributesImpl
is case insensitive by default - whereas BasicAttributes is case
sensitive by default. This actually breaks some things. Some of the
Apacheds code is hard coded to use 'objectclass' instead of 'objectClass'.

It's a very minor point - so minor I didn't even bother to mention it
when I first ran into it. But since you asked.. :-)

Some random comments:

I'm thankful ApacheDS is using slf4j.
The error reporting and logging is truly excellent.

I created an in-memory partition to test the overhead of ApacheDS and
did some profiling. I didn't post any of it because I figured it would
be obsolete (1.0 codebase). If you are interested in such data let me
know and I'll post some of it from time to time to the list.

Cheers.

--
http://www.ScheduleWorld.com/
Free Google Calendar synchronization with Outlook, Evolution,