directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: ModifyDN and move semantic
Date Thu, 12 Apr 2007 22:25:55 GMT
Ersin Er a écrit :

> As a side note: I prefer single most generic forms for all types of
> the same operations. Having more than one forms of search, moddn
> causes problems when writing complicated services like authorization
> and triggers.
I agree, but in this very case, I tried to do everything within a single
move() method, but it was far too complex : too many if/then/lese to deal
with each case... The modifyDN has 3 different ementics which are better
handled with 3 different methods. If there are some commons
functionnalities in each interceptors, then sole helper method will help.

View raw message