directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [JNDI] Navigating the DIT
Date Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:22:47 GMT
Ersin, Emmanuel,

Thanks - I'll give that a shot.

All I really want to do is start with a context like:
cn=users, cn=example, ou=com

and then jump to a subcontext,
like:

cn=Accounts, cn=users, cn=example, ou=com

Which may or may not exist.

If it does exist, I'll get an exception when first
trying to create it.  I catch the exception, and then I
try to jump to the subcontext like this inside the catch block:

Name name = ctx.createName("Accounts", "cn");

ctx = (DirContext) ctx.lookup(name);

Since ctx.lookup returns an Object instance, I'm assuming
I have to cast like that.

Anyways - I'll give it a shot.

Thanks,
- Ole