directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Schema] ObjectClass DN Correct?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 20:45:26 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for all the elaboration.

SNIP
> Could you please describe how such a drill down outline could look like?

The current Schema Browser is excellent btw.  The only reason I would
use something like an outline view is so I can see
all the Schema name components.

Like "ou=objectClasses, ou=tuscany, ou=schema"

So in this case I imagined that when I opened the Schema Browser
the outline view would have ou=schema at the root.
Then I could drill down into the subcontexts, like
ou=tuscany
ou=core
ou=ecore

etc.

Then their subcontext (ObjectClasses, AttributeTypes, Syntaxes).  The
properties view would be used to display
the attributes of entry.

That's just a two second imagineering :-)

Does it make any sense?

Thanks again,
- Ole