directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Schema] ObjectClass DN Correct?
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:17:44 GMT
Hi Stefan,

Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi Ole,
>
>> When adding a new ObjectClass to the Schema
>> named "org.apache.tuscany.User"
>
> An objectClass or attributeType name must be an OID (object identifier),
> that is defined as follows in RFC4512:
>   oid = descr / numericoid
>   descr = keystring
>   keystring = leadkeychar *keychar
>   leadkeychar = ALPHA
>   keychar = ALPHA / DIGIT / HYPHEN
>   numericoid = number 1*( DOT number )
>   ... and so on
>
> So your name could be either something like
>   0.11.222.3333.44444
> or
>   org-apache-tuscany-User

Oh Yeah - Emmanuel told me that the periods have to be replaced
with dashes as well.  Thanks for the reminder though.  I think I
definitely got it now :-)

SNIP
> dn: cn=schema
> changetype: modify
> add: objectClasses
> objectClasses: ( 0.11.222.3333.44444 NAME 'org-apache-tuscany-User'
>  DESC 'org.apache.tuscany.User' SUP top AUXILIARY MUST cn
>  X-SCHEMA 'ecore' )
> -
Yeah - That's extremely cooolll!
OK - I'm going to start playing.
Thanks for all the terrific elaboration.
Hopefully we'll have something rockin in a few days :-)

Cheers,
- Ole