directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Mehmet D. Akın" <mda...@pardus.org.tr>
Subject [LDAPStudio]LDAP core functions
Date Tue, 10 Apr 2007 12:53:52 GMT
Hi,

We are planning to write a management application in which we need to
manipulate and query data on a LDAP server. Things like user, groups
computer and software configurations  will be in the repository and our
program will be a graphical user interface to manipulate and query these
specific data. (Something like Microsoft's Active directory console, but
ours will be for a Linux distro..)

LDAP Studio provides perfect schema definition and querying
capabilities. and it allready has lots of boilerplate code like ldif,
query and schema parsers. What I am asking is, Is it possible to use
this core functions out of the studio, There are some LDAP Java SDK's
like OpenLDAP Java SDK, Mozilla's LDAP SDK etc. I am quite confused by
options here. Would it makes sense writing our schema editor modules as
Eclipse plugins and deploy them with LDAP Studio , there by having both
low level access to LDAP and specific management GUI's for our own schema?

regards

Mehmet D. AKIN