directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] [1.5.0] Release jars available to test before deployment
Date Mon, 09 Apr 2007 01:01:41 GMT
Hi Chris,

Alex has created a maven plugin that generates installers (RPM, windows,
etc.)

So as far as I know new installers are usually generated, including RPM,
for each release.

The current RPM installer installs everything with one RPM package.

However we are working on a more modular install using individual
packages for each library and installing all the files
using FHS conventions.

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/

I've created an RPM factory maven plugin (User guide here - Just drop it
in the eclipse plugins directory and look for RPM Factory User Guide in
eclipe help):
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/oersoy/guides/rpm.factory.user.guide

It produces RPMs out of jar artifacts in the maven repository.

I've also rewritten the startup shell script, and I can send it to you
if you want to have a look.

Cheers,
- Ole