directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DAS] Design Guide Update
Date Sun, 08 Apr 2007 02:28:45 GMT
Oh yeah - I've been trying to figure that part out myself.

I've written a maven plugin (Apache Licensed - Not checked in yet, but
I can check it in any time if others want to use it) that uses
the recipes.xml file in the sources directory
of the documentation plugin to generate the content (An archetype
is used to supply the static plugin files).

So it takes care of linking related recipes, generating
the table of contents ... and will
soon take care of concept linking, etc. but there
still needs to be an easy way to go from/to wiki.

I think it's easy to go to...the from is the tricky part.

I need to use the maven plugin I'm writing
because I want to get better at the process, so I can make
the plugin better, and make the templates that support it better,
eventually get an Eclipse Plugin working around it, etc.

So I'll continue to generate from recipes.xml.

But I'll be happy to grab content from the wiki
and incorporate it into recipes.xml whenever.

I would recommend waiting 1 more day to put the stuff
on the wiki, because I'm changing recipes.xml
a lot right now.

I think the reading and writing of a datagraph and metadata
should be pretty solid after tomorrow, and then I'll revision
the documentation plugin, and start writing "Serious code".

Thoughts?

Thanks,
- Ole