directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DAS] Is there something holy about ou=schema?
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 14:39:22 GMT
Yes - That's what I thought.

Here's what I had in mind fresh out of the design guide:
If the initial context for model entries is

<pre class="codeblock"> cn=accounts, cn=users, cn=example, cn=com</pre>

Then the DN used to store the model's EPackage instance is
<pre class="codeblock">cn="ePackage" cn=accounts, cn=users, cn=example,
cn=com ou=ecore, ou=schema</pre>

The semantics that are used for writing LDAP metadata, such
as ObjectClasses, AttributeTypes, etc. are also used for
writing EPackage metadata, hence the use of ou=schema at the
beginning of the DN.

Whenever a DataGraph is written it first checks
whether the entry for the EPackage metadata exists.
It only writes model metadata when the entry does not exist.

So that's the idea, but if anyone has some another option,
I'll throw it into the mix.

Thanks Ersin,
- Ole