directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCHEMA] Can two different LDAP AttributeType's have the same name?
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 02:14:41 GMT
Well,

It does make life simpler when there's one simple rule like that :-)

It's also a little easier to visually track everything like that.

Although now instead of just having an attribute name on an entry like

"baseDN"

we have to call it:

org.apache.tuscany.DASConfig.baseDN

I assume this does not really matter that much,
because I'm guessing that even though we have
200,000,000 entries with the ObjectClass DASConfig,
org.apache.tuscany.DASConfig.baseDN is not repeated
200,000,000 for each entry.  It's only stored on the ObjectClass right?

So the only additional storage incurred is from the values of the entries?

Thanks,
- Ole