directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [SCHEMA] Can two different LDAP AttributeType's have the same name?
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2007 22:50:26 GMT
Originally I assumed that I can have two AttributeType
entries with the same name,
since we also assign unique OIDs to AttributeType entries.

Then when I looked at how an ObjectClass
is defined, it has code like this:

ldapAttributes.put( MetaSchemaConstants.M_MUST_AT, "baseDN" );
ldapAttributes.put( MetaSchemaConstants.M_MAY_AT, "optionalOPP" );

So it seems like it's using the name of the AttributeType
rather than the OID, which would mean that the name also
has to be unique?

So instead of "baseDN" I would have to specify
org.tuscany.das.ldap.config.DASConfig.baseDN
in order to guarantee that the name is unique.

Does that sound right?

Thanks,
- Ole