directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DAS OID GENERATION] Things that make you go hmmmm
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2007 22:59:36 GMT
Ah - That throws a fork wrench in my current planning.

Can we change the specification so that we can have characters :-)

OK - that brings up a different more serious question then.
Does ADS have the ability to assign an OID, sort of like
automatic surrogate key generation in RDBs?

For instance I may wish to store an attributeType with the
following description:

"org.tuscany.das.ldap.config.DASConfig.baseDN"

Can ApacheDS assign the OID, thus freeing the DAS of that responsibility?

Thanks,
- Ole