directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bug? StartupConfiguration should use interfaces
Date Sun, 01 Apr 2007 19:50:33 GMT
Mark Swanson a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking at creating my own custom partition, but I've hit a small
> snag: StartupConfiguration forces all partitions to be of type
> org.apache.directory.server.core.configuration.PartitionConfiguration
>
> I can work around this, but it just seems that an interface would be
> better so I can create partitions and their configurations without
> also being forced to create a JdbmPartition().

Yes, this is far from being perfect. We are currently working on adding
an interface. The real problem is that th ePartitionConfiguration class
depends on JDBM as the underlying backend. We want to get rid of that.
It will take some time ... Hopefully, we may have it for 1.5.1 (1.5.0
will be out in the next few days)

> Or did I miss something obvious?

No, you get caught in the trap, too ;)

> Cheers.