directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Yeliz Eseryel" <yeliz2...@alum.syracuse.edu>
Subject Re: [Request] A Interview Request from Syracuse University OSS Research Group
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 15:18:46 GMT
Hi Ole,
We're trying to understand whether different people in the group have
similar understandings about the project, its community, the rules and
norms, etc.
The hypothesis being "developers of successful projects have similar
mental models"
So we'll talk with different people, and then develop something called
"cognitive maps" for each developer and then come up with the
cognitive map of the whole team. It will actually be quite interesting
for you guys to see as well.

I also have another project in mind, that I was just talking to Alex
about: that's about the roles of the team members.

So the approach requires individual interviews I think, however, if
people who cannot attend ApacheCon Europe email us, we can do
interviews via skype or email, etc. Once we do the interviews, we can
also do the discussion on the listserv :)
Yeliz.

--
Yeliz Eseryel
Ph.D Student in Information Science & Technology