Yeah sure the LdapConfiguration is good ... just put it under the configuration now.
Not shooting you down here but I want to be more involved and have more eyes on
these changes with consideration for the big picture.  Right now the less movement
we have to get the job done with SASL the better because who knows if we have the
right direction.
I promise to give you more time with either a 1.5.1 or a 1.5.2 refactoring release where
we can just focus on how to refactor and clean things like this up.  But while doing this
we should not be working on Replication or SASL or any feature.  I want no tunnel vision
specific to a feature addition to clutter our vision while refactoring.

On 3/15/07, Enrique Rodriguez <> wrote:
On 3/15/07, Alex Karasulu <> wrote:
> Yeah I agree with Emmanuel.  Enrique let's leave the configuration as it is
> for now.
> You are after all just trying to add the SASL stuff and getting bogged down
> with
> configuration.

What just happened to LdapConfiguration?  It seemed like an easy part
of the SASL initiative.  Emmanuel brought up good points, and I'm fine
with putting the LdapConfiguration bean under
ServerStartupConfiguration.  Did this suddenly get killed?  Where do I
put SASL config?