Enrique,

> Sorry for being MIA for so long.
>
> +1 to merge all SASL + SSL + StartTLS code into protocol-ldap module
> removing the need for these tiny modules.

Awesome!  Just waiting on Start TLS grant ...

> +1 to using server-unit to aggregate unit tests that work against the
> protocols.

SaslBindTest went in.  I'm still working on GSSAPI.  It takes more
effort to override JDK desire to use external config.

> Now I don't understand what's going on with ChainConfiguration.  Are you
> using CoR pattern?

Yes, with MINA's IoHandlerChain support.  Config hard-coded in
ConfigureChain needs to move to Spring XML, probably through
StartupConfiguration, which is injected into the constructor of
LdapProtocolProvider.

Oh I see.  I've personally had a hard time debugging with CoR.  It's somewhat of a PITA but so is this interceptor stuff which basically does the same thing.

I thought about using CoR instead of the interceptor design.  I was wondering if there would be some kind of benefit there.  I guess both are equally problematic when it comes to debugging.  Now I guess we have to deal with both.  I'm not too happy with that ... would rather use one mechanism instead.

How many links do you have in your chain?  If it's small do you need to use the pattern?

Alex

Enrique