directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rebuilding Apache
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 13:00:08 GMT
Thanks for the info Emmanuel!

We must indeed have missed something (most probably in the twix to snickers
transformation). I'll pass on your note to the guy who was working on the
proxy in the past.

I've been buried in an alpha release, now a beta and soon a full release but
plan to catch up with the trunk again soon (most probably when 1.5.0 is
released) as I'll have to work out how to retrofit my old "dynamic schema
from .schema file" solution to all the new schema stuff you guys have been
working away on. I can imagine that the ".schema => equivalent schema
objects in schema partition" job won't be too hard (I already have a parser
taking .schema to now defunct bootstrap registry objects - so I just have to
change to a different output representation) but I'm not sure how to quickly
and robustly remove contributions from .schema files (or not actually store
them) so they are transient, and aren't persisted over AD server restarts.
For VD type solutions you want to discover them at runtime, next time you
start up there may be different VD partitions accessible with different
schemas so you want to add them only as they are discovered.

Thanks,
Norval