directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Norval Hope" <nrh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rebuilding Apache
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 11:57:20 GMT
Correct me if I'm wrong but my understanding is that half of the LDAP
protocol needed to write such a proxy was left behind in the Twix to
Snickers migration (hope I got the candy bar names the right way around :-)

In particular my understanding is the current codec handles 1. decoding
requests and 2. encoding response, but not the two other functions required
by a proxy (3. decoding responses and 4. encoding requests). Is that right?

We wrote a prototype proxy years ago with the old protocol provider but
found we couldn't move it forward, but perhaps we missed something.

Norval