directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Joshua Slive" <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: Use of Proxy on directory.apache.org
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:56:26 GMT
> Hi all,
>
> Well, a few infra folks and I tried to set this up as suggested during
> an IRC session but we did not succeed. BTW they helped me to write a
> cron job to sync all of our spaces from cwiki to d.a.o/cwiki (you
> cannot see this via your browser). We currently have all the content
> under Directory site but we need some local rewrite rules to make them
> match our current name space. We have made some progress but as the
> Directory project uses many wiki spaces bound to different name spaces
> (under d.a.o) we had trouble with configuring the ReWrite plugin. A
> suggestion was to us the Alias plugin (for httpd) but infra folks
> realized that it was not allowed to use it in .htaccess files. So we
> suspended the migration. I hope we can do one more attempt soon to fix
> the problem. BTW, I think it's quite easy for MINA to migrate to that
> suggested model.

Anything that can be done with an Alias can also be done with a
RewriteRule.  From peeking into your .htaccess, you can, for example,
replace
Alias /apacheds/1.0   /x1/www/directory.apache.org/cwiki/DIRxSRVx10
with
RewriteRule ^apacheds/1\.0(.*) /x1/www/directory.apache.org/cwiki/DIRxSRVx10$1

But that looks like an over-complex nightmare to me.  Why don't you
just change the directory names when you do the rsync copy.   In other
words, rsync DIRxSRVx10 directly into
/www/directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/.

Joshua.