directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ADS 1.5.0, take 2 : results
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 12:01:27 GMT
Hi Erik,

I'm not sure if you received or not my answer to your question, so here it
is :

"Hi,

I suspect that there is a problem in your configuration file, or that you
have changed an existing class.

Could you copy/paste the server.xml file you are using ? (do *not* attach
it, because the mailer will discard attachements). It would also be
interesting to know which kind of modification you have done.

What the stack trace exposes is that when classLoading the configuration
elements, a class is using an innerclass expecting some specific method or
member which has been change.

Maven has a special magic (is this called black magic?) to inject new jars
in your local repo :
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/examples/archetype.html

Emmanuel"

I'm happy that you found a way to make it run, though. And I agree that
error which simply vanish are error which are hidden somwhere :)

This is quite an interesting usage of ADS you are doing. And this is
definitively somthing we want to add as a feature in one of our next
release. Maybe you would consider contribute to this new project ? Of
course, I don't know if this is something your current company will allow,
but if it's possible, that will be a good news for the community !

Have fun with ADS, and give us some feedback :)

Emmanuel

On 3/29/07, Erik Hamrin <Erik.Hamrin@mobeon.com> wrote:

>  Hi!
>
> My name is Erik Hamrin, yesterday I posted on the Apache DS mailing list
> about including my own .jar-files into my project. You posted an answer that
> I for some reason did not recieve, so I use this way to get in touch with
> you instead.
>
> I would just like to let you know that I managed to work it out. After
> getting the jars in place, the beanDefinitionErrors in my server.xmldisappeared. Right
now the server has been running under constant stress for

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny