directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [core] Best way to add subcontext to partition
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 21:09:48 GMT

> ... the issue is that the base DN for Kerberos searches
> has to exist before the Kerberos PP starts.

Oops, I was not aware of that... So the next sentence is quite right :)

  Of course, this is
> probably bad design and has to be fixed for multi-realm capability.

+1. In 1.5.1 or 1.5.2 maybe ?

Today the problem is that the Kerberos PP starts on the first call to
> ServerContextFactory.  As Alex noted, this leaves LDIF is the only way
> to load prior to protocol startup.  So, without an LDIF those ITest
> examples don't help because I'm doing somethings with Kerberos.

Ok, get it. I don't really like having KDIF files all over, so what I do is
generally to create them on the fly in the setup, using a tmp file. I find
it easier to manager than to have a separate file (you have all the test in
front of you instead of having to look in a resource sub directory, not to
mention the intricacy of class loading issues ...)

The
> only other way around this is to rework ServerContextFactory; to
> basically write a new one that allows configuration of the backend,
> then backend startup, then makes a context available by
> CoreContextFactory, then allows some control over the protocol startup
> order.

Far beyond your current need, I guess...

Anyway, my question was answered and we have more food for thought and
> probably a JIRA issue.

Cool. And I think we also have more food we can absorb for the next few
weeks ...

Emmanuel

Enrique

--