directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [1.5.0] Are we ready for a release effort ?
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 18:08:38 GMT
Hi guys,

we have some pretty important new features in 1.5.0, and it would be very
cool if we can deliver a new version soon. But the question is : "are we
ready for that ?". So far here are some of the items we have to address :

1) Bugs. Nasty bugs, tiny bugs, etc. We have currently 20 bugs, 46
improvments, 76 new features, 12 tasks and 4 wishes opened...
2) Certification : we have had 1.0 certified, it would be the minimum to
have 1.5 certified too
3) Site and documentation : which is the state for it ?
4) Packaging and tests : we have to check that the sever works on all our
platforms (macOsX PPC + intel, Sun Solaris, W$ - even vista-, and Linux)
5) last, not least, PR

Just be aware that ADS 1.5.0 is by no mean a feature complete version.
1.6.0will be the stable and feature full version. That does *not* mean
that
1.5.0 will be unstable, but that we might have some evolution called 1.5.1,
1.5.2; etc... I don't think either that we will have some RC (pelase correct
me if I'm wrong).

wdyt, gang ?

--
Cordialement,