directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject [Authenticator] Decision needed ...
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 20:33:52 GMT
Hi guys,

I have had a look at all the Authenticator system, and I found what I think
could be some potential problems. I have modified the classes in a way that
make some of those problems fixed, but it's clearly not enough.

Many point need to be discussed further, like :
- do we need a cache in the SimpleAuthenticator ?
- do we need to have the inner methods protected in order to be able to test
them ?
- do we need to statically initialize AnonymousAuthenticator and
SimpeAuthenticator ?
- do we need to have an AnonymousAuthenticator, considering that it's simply
a special case (empty password) for a SimpleAuthenticator ?
- can't we store those authenticator as Java classes into the server ?
- can't we have a better way to manage Authenticator initialization, for
user's purpose (those who want to have their own authenticator, for
instance) ?

This mail is just about openning a discussion about all those points (and
some more...). I think it can also be correlated with Enrique work on SASL.

wdyt, thoughts ?

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny