directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cleartext baseName in search
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 11:13:29 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

what you see is the internal way the server is searching for informations
into the backend. You have to be aware that using OIDs instead of names is
the only way to have a sonsistent search : for instance, cn, commonName, CN,
CoMmOnNaMe and 2.5.4.3 are really the same attributeType, but it's easier to
work with the OID, which is unique. This is the reason why you get this
Alien speaking 0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=jwi,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=deinstead
of dc=jwi,dc=de.

Now, you should just use the Human form for you partition name (dc=jwi,
dc=de), because it will always be transformed inside the server to something
like the (oid=value)* form. This is the purpose of the LdapDN normalization
process.

I would be interested to know how you obtained the exception you got (
javax.naming.NamingException: OID '0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25' was not found
within the OID registry), but a blind guess is that your tried to use this
DN and cheked it without having fed the OidRegistry with all the OIDs and
aliases needed (this registry contains relations between all aliases and
their OIDs, and of course a relation between an OID and itself, so that when
you tries to see if an alias or an oid has been declared, we can check this
HashMap. This is a storage for speedup the schema checking)

Now, I'm sory, but beside those very basic explanations, I can help much
without much more context : what are you exactly trying to do, in which
version of the server, failing code, etc.

Hope it helps at least a little, but feel free to push more details !

Emmanuel

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny