directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: V1.0.1 schema
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 04:50:10 GMT
Tony,

On 3/30/07, Tony Thompson <Tony.Thompson@stone-ware.com> wrote:

>  In v1.0 and even a 1.0.1 snapshot I had, I had hijacked the "member"
> attribute and used it on an "inetorgperson" to track that users group
> membership.  Even though technically the schema didn't allow "member" on an
> "interorgperson", Apache let me do it anyway.  It looks like the 1.0.1final release fixed
that hole and it will no longer allow me to use the
> "member" attribute on an "inetorgperson".  If I want to keep track of group
> membership on a user object, is there an attribute that I should use?  Will
> there ever be one in the base schema for that purpose?  Should I add my own
> "memberOf" attribute to use instead?

If you add extensibleObject or something to that effect to the objectClass
attribute of the any entry then
that entry can contain any attributeType defined in any schema within the
server.  Give that a try for a quick
workaround to your problem and let us know how it goes.

Alex