directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Schema] How do I write a new ObjectClass to ApacheDS
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 00:37:39 GMT
Hi Ole,

Looks like you got some good advice already.  Let me just add one more
suggestion
while you're looking into creating a schema.  Sometimes you'll find that the

attributeTypes and objectClasses you're looking for are already defined in
published
schemas.

For example for users you might want to take a look at something like
inetOrgPerson etc.

Second I suppose you're thinking of staying bleeding edge by using
1.5rather than using
1.0.  I'd recommend this.  And if so then merely adding the schema
description entry for
the objectClass in the ou=schema partition in the appropriate place should
work.  The schema
is dynamic in 1.5 but I guess Emmanuel and Stephan already pointed this out.

I will try to back read this thread.  As you can imagine I have a lot to
catch up on since
I've been on vacation fishing all week :D.  Yeah I don't miss LDAP he he.

Regards,
Alex