directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Benchmarks feedback
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 14:56:11 GMT
I think we need to use load injectors and SLAMD with this thing.  Really
having the clients on the same machine
is causing issues.  I highly recommend setting up some other machines as
client injectors.  I can do this with
some machines.

Also Emmanuel we need to use SLAMD instead of inventing our own means to
measure performance.  The SUN
guys really put a lot of work into SLAMD and we should use it.  Perhaps we
can build our own custom tests if need
be.  SLAMD should be the default tool we use otherwise the measurments and
techniques used are questionable.

If we use matt's machine as the server I can setup several machines on the
internet to be used as the load
injectors.  Yes this is a bit crazy across the open internet but if we can
generate enough load with a few
machines across several sites we should be able to peak the server.

Alex