directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Is this used for anything?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 04:05:46 GMT
Hi Ole,

> OK - Cool - I'll just leave it out of the template, and if
> someone screams we can put it back in.

NP I don't think it will be an issue.  This only effects the use of
diagnostic
GUI's that can be launched by ApacheDS.  Not many people know anything
about them really.  They were embedded into the server for testing it while
developing the jdbm partition.

The logger.jar in the bin directory is the log4j dependency right?

Yep it is.

Once the classloading is redone, can we load the logging classes from

> /usr/share/hava/logger-verrsion.jar or does it have to be in
> apacheds-1.5.0/bin for some reason?

Well there is a tiny problem with location.  I think some executable jar
files
expect it in the bin directory relative to the installation home.  So yes
position
is important for it.  However we might be able to work around this easily.
I'd
have to look at the manifest and what we can do with the installers to make
this jar's position variable.

Thanks,
> - Ole

No thank you :).