directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Are we fully supporting RFC 3698 ?
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:05:24 GMT
Emmanuel,

Yes I think we should support this RFC fully.

> Hi guys,
>
> as far as I can check, the response is :
> - all the elements are declared in the ADS schema

Yep they are but how accurately are these matchingRules actually
implemented.
We to start using the new ones you implemented correctly I think.  I was
trying
to look into doing that last night.

- but we still have to implement the comparators and the matching rules.

Oh so you did not implement these MRs yet?

I think they all use the default comparator, which is not exactly what
> they should do.

Right we probably just have a combination of the default comparator and
others that
are close to these matching rules but these are there as a place holders for
now so
search can occur using these MRs.  We have not had any problems yet but some
may argue that this is because we have not had to deal with that use case
yet.

How wrong am I ?

No you're not wrong.  We have issues with respect to this RFC.  We just have
determine the extent of those issues.

Alex

Emmanuel