directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SASL] SASL configuration
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:25:54 GMT
Yeah I agree with Emmanuel.  Enrique let's leave the configuration as it is
for now.
You are after all just trying to add the SASL stuff and getting bogged down
with
configuration.

How about this? We tackle the SASL thingy with as little refactoring as
possible so
we can see what's going on.  If it's just nice to have things can wait until
we all get
on the same page with a refactoring session on the overall server which I
think should
be done really soon.  Perhaps before OSGi attempts are made.

We should all be focusing together on these things.

Enrique, another point to working in a branch is to see the critical changes
made to
add your feature besides not breaking the trunk in the process.  If you
infuse too many
nice to have refactorings you blur the core change anyone has to evaluate in
the branch.

The refactorings mask the real feature changes.  Let's all get on the same
refactoring
page together and figure out the best scheme later.  I'm ready to work with
you on the
refactorings but at a later date.

Alex