directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [core] Best way to internally authenticate for getting a DirContext
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:59:16 GMT
This totally stinks for now but you're right it's the only way currently.  I
could expose an API to just request a context without authentication however
this would allow stored procedures in the server to do that as well and
assume any user.

SPs will use JNDI too to work on the server while emebedded in it via the
server side JNDI (core context factory) provider.  We need to figure out
something better but for you SASL effort this may not happen in time.  We
should use this workaround for now and consider revamping this design issue
sometime later in the 1.5 branch.

WDYT?

Alex