directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [SASL] SASL configuration
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:35:59 GMT

> I looked at the way ApacheDS does Spring config, the relationship with
> the daemon code, etc., and I'm ready to start in on configuration for
> SASL.  What I'd like to do is create a bean for the LDAP protocol
> provider that resides in the protocol-ldap module, maybe named
> LdapProtocolConfiguration.  This would contain the SASL parameters and
> I could also move over the 3 properties that are used by the LDAP PP
> from the ServerStartupConfiguration:
>
> maxSizeLimit
> maxTimeLimit
> isAllowAnonymousAccess

There are a couple snags to watch out for.  First you want to make sure
those configuration parameters are not used by the core context factory.
Secondly watch out for maven dependency issues ... these have come up on
occasion.

Other than that I cannot see many issues.  However what's wrong with keeping
these configuration properties together with the configuration objects?
Keeping the configuration in one place may have advantages for us later when
we clean things up and put all these parameters into the DIT under the
system partition for DIT based configuration.

Also I we need to think about what users might prefer.  It might be easier
for embedders to have all the configuration options available in the startup
configurations either as part of that object or as a contained object like
the PartitionConfiguration etc.  I think access should still occur from this
central location so users can drill down into contained objects etc with
ease.  Or can this be done with what you're suggesting?

WDYT?

Alex