directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [LDAP] Merging server-ssl with protocol-ldap
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:49:25 GMT
Enrique,

> > Sorry for being MIA for so long.
> >
> > +1 to merge all SASL + SSL + StartTLS code into protocol-ldap module
> > removing the need for these tiny modules.
>
> Awesome!  Just waiting on Start TLS grant ...
>
> > +1 to using server-unit to aggregate unit tests that work against the
> > protocols.
>
> SaslBindTest went in.  I'm still working on GSSAPI.  It takes more
> effort to override JDK desire to use external config.
>
> > Now I don't understand what's going on with ChainConfiguration.  Are you
> > using CoR pattern?
>
> Yes, with MINA's IoHandlerChain support.  Config hard-coded in
> ConfigureChain needs to move to Spring XML, probably through
> StartupConfiguration, which is injected into the constructor of
> LdapProtocolProvider.

Oh I see.  I've personally had a hard time debugging with CoR.  It's
somewhat of a PITA but so is this interceptor stuff which basically does the
same thing.

I thought about using CoR instead of the interceptor design.  I was
wondering if there would be some kind of benefit there.  I guess both are
equally problematic when it comes to debugging.  Now I guess we have to deal
with both.  I'm not too happy with that ... would rather use one mechanism
instead.

How many links do you have in your chain?  If it's small do you need to use
the pattern?

Alex

Enrique