directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: searching whole subtree
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 15:56:46 GMT
No problem.  Keep finding bugs and we'll gladly fix them.

Alex

On 3/2/07, marek-apacheds <marek-apacheds@o2.pl> wrote:
>
>  Alex
>
> After your fix it works fine now. Thank you for your time and effort.
>
> Regards
> Marek
>
> ----- Original Message -----
> *From:* Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org>
> *To:* Apache Directory Developers List <dev@directory.apache.org>
> *Sent:* Thursday, March 01, 2007 8:10 PM
> *Subject:* Re: searching whole subtree
>
> Marek,
>
> I found this bug you speak about and fixed it as well.  I was wrong in
> that it was still there after my initial fixes.  I apologize for this.
> Hopefully we can fix anything else that you find wrong with ApacheDS
> quickly.
>
> Here are the change logs for the fix in both 1.0 and 1.5 branches
> respectively:
>
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=513440
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=513442
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On 3/1/07, Alex Karasulu <akarasulu@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Marek,
> >
> > What version of ADS is this?  And btw I think my fix in the 1.0 branch
> > fixes this for 1.0.2.  You might want to try building and using that for
> > now and report back what problems you're having.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Alex
> >
> > On 3/1/07, marek-apacheds < marek-apacheds@o2.pl> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > When I execute the following query with default scope (ONELEVEL_SCOPE)
> > >
> > > SearchControls controls = new SearchControls();
> > > ctx.search("", "(!(title=Marek))", controls);
> > >
> > > everything works fine.
> > >
> > > But when I change scope to SUBTREE_SCOPE I got an exception.
> > >
> > > SearchControls controls = new SearchControls();
> > > controls.setSearchScope(SearchControls.SUBTREE_SCOPE);
> > > ctx.search("", "(!(title=Marek))", controls);
> > >
> > >
> > > javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 80 - failed on search
> > > operation: Cannot efficiently search the DIB w/o an index on attribute
> > > A
> > > user index on attribute 2.5.4.12 (title) does not exist!
> > > . To allow such searches please contact the directory
> > > administrator to create the index or to enable referrals on searches
> > > using
> > > these
> > > attributes to a replica with the required set of indices.]; remaining
> > > name
> > > ''
> > > at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.mapErrorCode(LdapCtx.java:3029)
> > > at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2931)
> > > at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.processReturnCode(LdapCtx.java:2737)
> > > at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.searchAux(LdapCtx.java:1808)
> > > at com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtx.c_search(LdapCtx.java:1731)
> > > at
> > > com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.ComponentDirContext.p_search(
> > > ComponentDirContext.java:368)
> > > at
> > > com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(
> > > PartialCompositeDirContext.java:338)
> > > at
> > > com.sun.jndi.toolkit.ctx.PartialCompositeDirContext.search(
> > > PartialCompositeDirContext.java:321)
> > > at
> > > javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.search (
> > > InitialDirContext.java:248)
> > > at com.acme.ApacheDSITest.testNegationSubtreeScope(ApacheDSITest.java
> > > :90)
> > > at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
> > > at
> > > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke (
> > > NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> > > at
> > > sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(
> > > DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> > > at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
> > > at junit.framework.TestCase.runTest (TestCase.java:154)
> > > at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:127)
> > > at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
> > > at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
> > > at junit.framework.TestResult.run (TestResult.java:109)
> > > at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
> > > at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
> > > at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
> > > at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run (
> > > JUnit3TestReference.java:128)
> > > at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(
> > > TestExecution.java:38)
> > > at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(
> > > RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
> > > at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(
> > > RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
> > > at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(
> > > RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
> > > at
> > > org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main (
> > > RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > Regards
> > > Marek
> > >
> > >
> >
>

Mime
View raw message