directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [core] Best way to add subcontext to partition
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 06:09:14 GMT

On Mar 13, 2007, at 11:57 PM, Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> Hi, Directory developers,
>
> What's the best way to add a subcontext under a new partition?  The
> use case would be in an integration test, if I want to create
> partition "dc=example,dc=com" and then I want to create "ou=users"
> underneath that.  Is the only way to create the partition, then use
> CoreContextFactory on that partition, then add a subcontext?  Or can I
> programmatically add a subcontext directly to a partition somehow?

I'm not sure if this is the same thing you are trying to do but in
triplesec-jacc2 I set up some stuff to (a) have a set of bootstrap
schemas in a jar for easy use in tests and (b) import from an ldif
file, again for use in tests.  IIRC (b) is implemented in the
integration and itest-data modules.  (a) is a jira to apply to
apacheds when I get a minute.

thanks
david jencks