directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject RE: V1.0.1 schema
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 19:18:47 GMT
Yeah, I am using that on the group side but I want to keep track of the groups the user is
in from the perspective of the user object.  So, something like this:

cn=MyGroup,dc=example,dc=org
    member: cn=MyUser,dc=example,dc=org

cn=MyUser,dc=example,dc=org
    memberOf: cn=MyGroup,dc=example,dc=org

Tony

________________________________

From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 3:02 PM
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: Re: V1.0.1 schema

Hi Tony,

the groupOfNames ObjectClass contains cn and member as MUST attributes. You may try this one
.

Emmanuel

On 3/30/07, Tony Thompson <Tony.Thompson@stone-ware.com> wrote:

	In v1.0 and even a 1.0.1 snapshot I had, I had hijacked the "member" attribute and used it
on an "inetorgperson" to track that users group membership.  Even though technically the schema
didn't allow "member" on an "interorgperson", Apache let me do it anyway.  It looks like the
1.0.1 final release fixed that hole and it will no longer allow me to use the "member" attribute
on an "inetorgperson".  If I want to keep track of group membership on a user object, is there
an attribute that I should use?  Will there ever be one in the base schema for that purpose?
 Should I add my own "memberOf" attribute to use instead?

	Thanks
	Tony

	may be monitored.

--